Counselling Services at Counselling Madrid include CBT Therapy to treat depression.
Some facts about depression
Depression has a lifetime prevalence of 10%-25% for women and 5%-12% for men. Individuals between age 18 and 44 are at greatest risk. Depression often co-exists with panic disorder, social phobia, generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) posttraumatic sterss disorder (PTSD) and substance abuse.
Symptoms ( when an individual exhibits 5 of the 9 symptoms listed below, he or she qualifies medically for suffering from depression):
1) Depressed mood most of the day, nearly everyday, as indicated by subjective report (e.g. feels sad or empty) or observation by others (e.g. appears tearfull)
2) Markedly diminished interest or pleasure in all, or almost all, activities most of the day, nearly every day.
3) Significant weight loss when not dieting or weight gain, or decrease or increase in appetite nearly every day.
4) Insomnia or hypersomnia nearly every day.
5) Psychomotor agitation or retardation nearly every day (observalble by others, not merely subjective feelings of restlessness or being slowed down).
6) Fatigue or loss of energy nearly every day.
7) Feelings of worthlessness or excessive or inappropriate guilt nearly every day )not merely self-reproach or guilt about being sick).
8) Diminished ability to think or concentrate, or indecisiveness, nearly every day (either by subjective account or as observed by others).
9)Recurrent thoughts of death (not just fear of dying), recurrent suicidal ideation without a specific plan, or a suicide attempt or specific plan for commiting suicide.